North India Spiritual Yoga Journey
About the Tour
Show Full Itinerary
Arrive Kolkata – The British Raj
One of India’s most historic and cosmopolitan cities, Kolkata, (formerly Calcutta) is the capital of India’s West Bengal state. Founded as an East India Company trading post, it was India’s capital under the British Raj from 1773–1911. Today it’s known for its grand colonial architecture, art galleries and cultural festivals. It’s also home to Mother House, headquarters of the Missionaries of Charity, founded by Mother Teresa, whose tomb is on site.
- Group arrival at Kolkata’s Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
- Meet and greet by our Tour leader and group transfer to our hotel
- Evening supper at hotel and overnight stay
On our first morning we shall have a breakfast followed by a orientation meeting with the Tour Director to discuss our upcoming journey.
- Mid morning sightseeing, including Mother Theresa Memorial house, Queen Victoria Memorial, and the famous Sudar Street Flower Markets
- Lunch at traditional local Bengali restaurant
- Evening visit and blessing at the vibrant Goddess Kali Temple. This Hindu goddess (or Devi) is considered to be the Master of death, time and change. A truely mesmerising experience
Days 3 & 4
Bodhgaya – Buddhism
The Mahabodhi Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is an ancient, Buddhist Stupa (temple) in the rural town of Bodh Gaya, marking the location where the Buddha is said to have attained enlightenment, under the Bodhi tree 2500 years ago.
- After an early breakfast, we depart by road from Kolkata to Bodhgaya, the spiritual heartland of Buddhism and a major pilgrimage site for Buddhists from around the world
- After arrival, we check into our hotel and after some relaxation time we head to the Mahabodhi Buddhist Stupa and mix with local monks and other worshippers
- Next morning, sunrise group yoga & meditation and class at hotel grounds
- Rest of day we shall visit other temples in town, dedicated from various Buddhist countries around the world including Japan, Thailand, China & Burma.
- Dinner in our hotel
Varanasi – The Holy Hindu City
Varanasi, is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world and the spiritual heartland of North India. Located on the western side of the Ganges River, Hindu pilgrims from around the country come to spend their final days in Varanasi, an end to the circle of rebirth or reincarnation. Along the city’s winding streets are some 2,000 temples, including Kashi Vishwanath, the “Golden Temple,” dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
- After sunrise yoga in a Buddhist Temple in Bodhgaya, we check out and depart for a scenic rural drive to Varanasi, stopping along the way for chai & snacks at the many roadside “dabars” or restaurants
- On arrival we have a evening walk along the Ghats followed by dinner at a local restaurant
Days 6 & 7
Varanasi – Kashi Vishwanath Temple
Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most famous Hindu temples in North India dedicated to Lord Shiva. Our guide will take our group for puja into the inner sanctum of this incredible holy site usually only allowed for Hindus
- Sunrise yoga and sunrise entry to the Holy Vishwanath Hindu “Golden Temple” which houses the world’s oldest “Shiva lingam” dedicated to Lord Shiva
- Local sightseeing including visiting The Burning Ghats , temples and a old city laneways
- At sunset we enjoy a boat ride to witness Holy Hindu Arti ceremony on the Ganges. “Arti” is a fire puja (prayer) ceremony ritual conducted by Hindu priests in worship to Ganges River
- Next day, sunrise yoga and or Vishwanath temple visit
- Later group sightseeing tour to Sarnath, where Buddha first preached the 4 Noble Truths to his disciples in the 5th Century B.C. after reaching Enlightenment in Bodhgaya
- Dinner at our hotel
Rishikesh – The Himalayan home of Yoga
Rishikesh, based on the Ganges River at the foothills of the Himalayas, is renowned as a centre for studying yoga, meditation and Spiritual pursuits. Temples and ashrams (centers for spiritual studies) line the eastern bank around Swarg Ashram, a traffic-free, alcohol-free and vegetarian enclave upstream from Rishikesh town
- After breakfast, check out of hotel and transfer to Varanasi domestic airport for flight to Rishikesh
- Transfer to resort overlooking the Ganges, lunch and rest
- Sunset yoga & meditation class and/or Ayurvedic treatment | massage
- Evening walking tour down town followed by dinner back at our resort
Days 9 & 10
- Sunrise yoga class, breakfast then followed further local sightseeing
- Next day, we visit the Beatles Ashram, dedicated to the Beatles who travelled to Rishikesh in 1968 to learn Transcendental Meditation
- Evening Arti on the banks of the Ganges and dinner back at our hotel
Days 11 & 12
New Delhi – The Nation’s Capital
Steeped in history yet overflowing with modern life, colourful Delhi pulsates with the relentless rhythms of humanity like few other cities on Earth.
- Check out of resort in Rishikesh and transfer by road back to New Delhi
- Along the way we stop at a traditional local restaurant to enjoy a vegetarian “Thali” dish for lunch
- Arrive at hotel dinner and relaxation.
- Next day we take local sightseeing in and around Old & New Delhi, including a visit to Mahatma Gandhi’s tomb and the glorious Islamic Jama Masjid mosque
- Evening we have a special visit to a glorious Sikh Gurdwara Temple. A Gurdwara is a place of worship. The gurdwara contains a copy of the Aid Granth, the sacred scriptture of Sikhism. Gurdwaras serve as centres of pilgrimage during festivals.
Agra | Taj Mahal – The temple of Love
The Taj Mahal is a breathtaking white-marble mausoleum commissioned by Mughal emperor Shaha Jahan for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Located on the southern bank of the Yamuna River near Agra, the Taj Mahal took 22 years to build and finally reached completion in 1653. This exquisite monument, astounds visitors for its symmetry, structural beauty, intricate calligraphy, inlaid gemstones, and magnificent garden.
- After breakfast we departure early from from Delhi to Agra
- Check into hotel for lunch and rest
- Evening we take a guided walk along the Yumuna riverside to view the Taj Mahal
- Later we visit to a cultural music emporium to listen to some local musicians whilst we shop for artefacts, gemstones and carpets
Agra | Delhi Airport | End of Tour
This morning we spend our final day with a visit inside the Taj Mahal at sunrise to witness the beautiful morning hues shining on the marble domes. Once our tour is complete we can undertake a short meditation session amongst the gardens
- After our Taj visit, we head back to the hotel for breakfast then checkout our next stop is a visit to the famous Agra Fort in our back to Delhi international airport for our evening flights back home
North India Spiritual & Yoga Journey
12 Slots Left!
Full Payment is due 2 months before Tour Departure Dates.
Things to keep in mind
- All group airport transfers, in private buses & taxis
- All inclusive group meals
- Tour leaders and guides
- Sightseeing excursions & entrance fees
- Tipping for Drivers, hotels staff, guides (not personal such as bag porters or restaurants)
- Yoga & Meditation classes (approx. 1 to 2 per day)
What’s not included
- International flights tickets
- Personal spending money
- Single Room Supplements
- Travel Insurance
- Vaccinations & PCR tests
- Money Exchange