Ashrams & Ayurveda Adventure Tour
About the Tour
Show Full Itinerary
Days 1 & 2
Bangalore – Karnataka
Bangalore is the capital of India’s southern Karnataka state. With its unique cooler micro climate, due to its slightly higher elevation, it is a bustling Indian city with centres of learning dedicated to Yoga & Ayurveda and of course the worlds call centres.
- Arrive at Bangalore International Airport, meet and greet our tour leader and transfer to our hotel for evening supper and early night
- Next morning, we enjoy a sunrise yoga class in Bangalore’s beautiful botanical gardens, with some locals joining us, a true local cultural immersion
- After we head back to our hotel for a leisurely breakfast
- Later we head off on a guided sightseeing tour visiting all the highlights including the famous Swami Vivekananda Yoga Academy, dedicated to students studying Indian Ayruveda & yoga
- Back to our hotel for dinner and relaxation
Days 3 & 4
Mysore – Home of Ashtanga Yoga
Mysore, a green city, is well known for its opulent Mysore Palace and Ashtanga Yoga. This glorious town blends Hindu, Islamic, Gothic and Rajput cultures and the Mysore palace is an architectural wonder. It is also home to the centuries-old Devaraja Market, filled with spices, incense, silk and sandalwood. A great place to wander shop and bargain with the locals
- Check out of our Bangalore hotel and depart for a scenic 3 hr drive to Mysore, arrive, check into hotel
- Next morning, we take a sunrise yoga & meditation class on the lush green lawn of our hotel grounds, followed by a leisurely breakfast
- Next is a guided sightseeing tour, visiting the spectacular Mysore Palace, and the suburb of Gokulam home of Ashtanga Yoga and a thriving hippie Yoga scene. This style of teaching is also called “Mysore Yoga”, after this great Indian city, where the practice was originally taught
- After lunch, we will enjoy a few hours wandering around the bustling Devaraja Flower, vegetable & spice markets
- Back to our hotel for dinner and free time
Coimbatore to Tamil Nadu – Day of Travel
Coimbatore, the capital city of the state of Tamil Nadu, is the gateway to the exotic Aravalli Mountain Ranges and the incredible Isha Foundation Ashram.
- Morning sunrise yoga class, followed by breakfast in Mysore, then we depart on a scenic bus journey to the town of Coimbatore
- Arrive, check into hotel dinner and relax and early dinner after a long day of travel
The Isha Foundation Ashram – A Day Visit
The first thing you notice on arrival to the Isha Foundation Ashram, is the awe-inspiring Adiyogi Shiva head statue which is 112 feet high. This incredible creation symbolises the 112 possibilities one can attain moksha or liberation and the 112 chakras in the human system. An impressive Shiva lingam called “Yogeshwar Linga” is placed in front of Adiyogi and is the first place we stop for some meditation before entering the Ashram.
- Today, a fully guided tour of the Isha Ashram with one of the centre’s resident guides
- We will have the opportunity to experience everything the centre offers, including some discourse on all four major paths of yoga – kriya (energy), gnana (knowledge), karma (action), and bhakti (devotion).
- We shall also experience the sphere of Dhyanalinga, a sacred meditation hall, in which we shall have the opportunity to join in a large group meditation session
- Afterwards, some shopping at the Isha Foundation sorvenior shop before we head back to our hotel for rest and dinner
- A truly magical day and once in a lifetime experience
Days 7 – 10
Trivandrum, Kerala – Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat
Ayurveda is considered to be one of the oldest healing sciences in the world. “The Science of Life” Ayurveda originated in India more than 5,000 years ago and is called the “Mother of all Healing”.
The town of Trivandrum in Southern Kerala, is the home base of Ayurvedic teachings in all of India, a great place for us to enjoy a rejuvenating 3 Day Ayurvedic & Yoga retreat
- After our sunrise yoga & meditation class and breakfast, in Coimbatore, we depart to the domestic airport for a short flight to Trivandrum, Kerala
- On arrival, we will shall take a short transfer to our coastal Ayurveda Wellness Retreat overlooking the beautiful Arabian Sea
- The 3 day Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat, is an introduction to the possibilities and depth of what Ayurveda can offer.
- Each person will have a one on one consultation with the an Ayurvedic doctor to determine your dosa (body type)
- There will be morning yoga & meditation classes, and various Ayurvedic healing treatments on offer to suit your personal needs or ailments
- A truely magical experience that will leave us all feeling revived and renewed and wiser in ways of personal wellness strategies to take home
Alappuzha Backwaters Houseboat Cruise
The Alappuzha backwaters are a watery heaven of interlinking canals, endless paddy fields in quaint villages and swaying coconut trees. After feeling refreshed from our 3 day Ayurvedic & Yoga retreat, today we will embark on an scenic overnight river cruise. Relax on board and enjoy all the local village life, as we slowly sail by. All our meals will be prepared by our personal chef, this is a true highlight of South India.
1 Night Stay in Overnight Luxury Houseboat
- Cruising the backwater channels, we shall enjoy delicious South Indian cuisine , yoga on our deck whilst gazing at the incredible local wildlife and villagers going about their daily lives
- This 24hr cruise is for time of reflection, relaxation. There will be plenty of time to enjoy and do as you please as well as yoga class classes
- A highlight will be our incredible fresh South Indian meals, including the famous Kerala fish curry
Days 12 & 13
Fort Kochi in Northern Kerala, is known for its Dutch, Portuguese, and British colonial architecture & history. With elaborate bamboo fishing nets at the Fort area, chic boho cafes, that serve Kerala specialties and quaint handicraft shops, this is a true highlight of our journey.
- Disembark from our backwater cruise at approx 11am. Our drivers will meet and greet us for a bus transfer to Fort Cochin
- Check into our traditional Kerala style heritage guest house, in the heart of the Fort area, rest of the day will be free for relaxation
- Next day, we take a sunrise yoga & meditation class followed by a delicious breakfast
- We then head off for our walking sightseeing tour, including visits to the Fort area Chinese fishing nets, and the famous Jewish quarter and Synagoue
- Tonight we visit a famous local seafood restaurant overlooking the Arabian Sea
Fort Kochi Departure
As your South India Ashrams & Ayurveda Adventure Tour journey comes to an end, we have today to ourselves to prepare for our homeward journey.
- Morning Yoga & meditation class followed by a lazy slow breakfast
- Rest of day is free time for local shopping, visiting the coffee shops and relaxation in and around Fort Kochi
- After an early dinner, a group departure to Kochi International airport for flights back to your home country
Ashrams & Ayurveda Yoga Tour
20 June 2023
13 Slots Left!
Ashrams & Ayurveda Yoga Tour to South India – A spiritual journey
Things to keep in mind
- All group airport transfers, in private buses & taxis
- Luxury overnight houseboat
- All inclusive group meals
- English speaking Tour leaders and guides
- Sightseeing excursions & entrance fees
- Tipping for Drivers, hotels staff, guides (not personal such as bag porters or restaurants)
- Yoga & Meditation classes (approx. 1 to 2 per day)
What not included
- International flights tickets
- Personal spending money
- Single Room Supplements
- Travel Insurance
- Vaccinations or PCR tests
- Money Exchange